If you are a high school senior or a high school graduate who has not attempted any college-level coursework since graduating from high school, you should apply as a freshman.
We have a rolling admission policy, which means that we review applications throughout the year, and once your application is complete, you will be notified in approximately two to three weeks of the admission decision.
If you qualify for a St. Bonaventure scholarship or grant, you will be notified within two weeks of receiving your letter of acceptance. In order to be considered for financial aid based on need, you must first complete the application for admission, then complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) Visit Financial Aid
for more information.
These are the components to an application for admission:
- Completed application form (online or paper)
- 250-word minimum untimed writing sample
- Secondary School Report
- High School Transcript
- Guidance Counselor Recommendation
- ACT or SAT score reports (if they do not appear on your official transcript)
- $30 application fee (NO FEE if you apply online)
First-Time Freshmen have several options for submitting an application:
- Apply Online. Click the link at left and an easy-to-understand web-based application will load. You will create an account and then be guided through a step-by-step process to complete the application. There is no fee to complete the online application.
- Students seeking admission as freshmen may also apply with the Common Application at www.commonapp.org.
- Download and Print the Application. If you prefer being able to work with a paper application, you may click on the hyperlinks below and open an Adobe Acrobat PDF file, which you can print out, complete and bring to your guidance counselor or mail to St. Bonaventure.
Optional Teacher Evaluation